CD 293 TGE Medium is a proprietary, chemically defined, animal origin-free medium specifically developed for the high-density, suspension culture and transfection of 293 cells. Transient expression of plasmid DNA in HEK293 cells adapted in this medium can get high volumetric productivity of target proteins. Used with BPM SBPfectin, 293 Expression MAXTM-1 and Feed X together is recommended for higher yield of protein expression.
CD 293 TGE Medium is specifically formulated for use with:
- Suspension HEK293(293T, 293EBNA, 293F) transient expression
- Suspension culture of HEK 293 stable cell cline for protein expression
- Large-scale, high-density growth of HEK293 cells in bioreactors
- Support suspension HEK 293(293T, 293EBNA, 293F) transient expression
- >200% cell growth and expression performance compared competitive alternatives
- Prepared ready-to-use, with no supplementation required
- Protein free, animal component free, chemically define and regulatory friendly
- Extensive support by cell culture expert
- General Specification
- Usage Protocol
|Concentrated||Cell Line||Form||Serum||Endotoxin||Glutamine||Culture Type||Phenol Red|
|1X||293||Liquid||Serum Free||Low||Yes||Suspension Culture||Yes|
|Product Classification||Buffer system||Regulatory Statement||Shelf Life|
|Protein-Free, Chemically Defined;Serum-Free, Animal Origin-Free||Sodium Bicarbonate||For Research and Further Cell Culture Manufacturing Use Only||12 months|
|Cat. No.||Name of Product||Product Size||Storage||Shipping|
|CM-1156-11||CD 293 TGE Medium, Liquid||1000mL||at +2-8℃, in dark||Ice pack|
|CM-1156-12||CD 293 TGE Medium, Liquid||6X1000mL||at +2-8℃, in dark||Ice pack|
|CM-1256-12||CD 293 TGE Medium, Powder||50L||at +2-8℃, dry||RT|
- Before transfection, passage 293 cells in CD 293 TGE medium for at least 3 passages from adaptation procedure or cell bank vial at seeding density greater than 0.3 million cells per mL. Shaker at 150 rpm to 180 rpm depending on your orbit shaker design and single cell distribution status.
- Seed 293 cells at 0.5 million cells per mL in pre-warmed fresh medium, grow the cells to 1.5 to 2.2 million cells per mL and dilute the culture with fresh medium to 0.8 to 1.0 million cells per mL depending on whether the cells can grow to density greater than 1.5 million per mL by next day.
- Grow the cells for 24 hours or less to 1.5 to 2 million cells per mL(NOT greater than 2.0 million cells) and perform transfection.
- Use 150 mM NaCl sterile solution to dilute DNA plasmid and add 293 Expression MAXTM-1 according separate manual, add BPfectin at ration of 3 uL:1 ug(BPfectin : DNA) drop wise to DNA solution and vertex for 3 min; drop-DNA dosage for transfection is 1 ug per 1 million cells in culture, and volume of DNA-BPfectin complexes is 5% of culture to be transfected.
- Incubate the complexes at RT for 10min before transfection.
- Add DNA transfection complexes drop-wise to cells at 5% volume ratio (e.g. 500 μl to 10 mL culture).
- 24 hours post transfection, add Feed X to culture at 10% volume ratio (e.g. 1 mL to 10 mL culture).
- Harvest for purification typically on 7 days post transfection or when cell viability drop below 55%.
|Cat. No.||Product Name||Quantity||Storage Conditions|
|CM-1156-11||CD 293 TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1156-12||CD 293 TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||6 X 1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1256-12||CD 293 TGE Medium, 1X, Powder||50 L||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1157-11||CD CHO TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1157-12||CD CHO TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||6 X 1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|EXP-711-11||293 Expression MAX-1||1 mL||-20℃|
|EXP-811-11||CHO Expression MAX-1||1 mL||-20℃|
|CF-1116-12||Feed X Supplement||500 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|AC-1112-11||Anti-Clumping Additive||1 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|