The lysis buffer is used for rapid extraction of virus antigen from virus cultures and throat swab samples. This product can improve virus lysis efficiency and the accuracy of antigen detection. It is suitable for various diagnostic technology platform, such as colloidal gold immunoassay, immunofluorescence chromatography and chemiluminescence. This product is provided in liquid form with pH 7.4, which contains Tween-20, Casein, BSA and ProClin-300 etc.
The sample should be treated with lysis buffer as soon as possible after collection. The processed sample is usually stored at 2 to 8°C for 2 days, or at -20°C for 3 months, or at -70°C for long term storage.
If the sample can‘t be immediately disposed, it should be dried, disinfected and tightly sealed for storage, usually at 2 to 8°C for 1 day, or -70°C for long term storage. Please avoid freezing-thawing repeatedly.
The handling of samples can refer to the methods recommended in the relevant national standards or industry standards. Specimens should be sent to the laboratory as soon as possible after collection. If long-distance transportation is needed, dry ice and other refrigeration methods are recommended for preservation.
Procedure for assay
1. Treatment of throat swab samples
1）Place the extraction tube on the workbench，add the lysis buffer to the extraction tube [100μL or 150μL for each tube] .
2) Put the throat swab specimen into the extraction tube and rotate about 10 seconds. At the same time, press the swab head against the wall of the tube to release the antigen.
3) To drain the liquid from the swab as much as possible, squeeze the swab head and then pull the swab out [Dispose of swabs as per biohazard waste disposal method].
4) Detect antigen existence in the swab samples (depending on the diagnostic technology).
2. Treatment of virus cultures
1) Add a certain volume of lysis buffer to the inactivated virus culture, the ratio of the virus culture to the lysis buffer can be adjusted according to the nucleic acid content in the sample.
2) Incubate the sample in lysis buffer for 10 minutes.
3) Detect antigen existence in the swab samples (depending on the diagnostic technology).
Shipping and Storage
The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, please store the buffer at 2°C～8°C under sterile conditions for 3 months. Before use, leave the buffer to equilibrate at room temperature.